You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik plugins not working anymore

j3rry

17 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi pixartia,
The difference between the two is that the Mac App Store version runs in a sandboxed environment (so with more strictly restrictions) than the one we sell through the Affinity Store. We have been looking at those issues and hope to haver a fix for the Mac App Store version in an upcoming (not necessarily the next) update.

Hi MEB,

hope you could find a way to resolve this huge problem in a most appropriate and rapid way, because it's about a very misleading advertisement about 1.8 version and its plug-ins compatibility level...

Anyway the whole Affinity community would very appreciate your efforts if you could make your promises true.

P.S. Don't you think if it's possible to convert the MAS license in an ordinary one in some manner to fully enjoy the normal version of software? Thank you.

• Staff

Hi pixartia,
I understand your point. I wouldn't call it misleading advertisement in the sense we never intended to provide false info/create false expectations. The plugins do work with Affinity Photo (non-sandboxed versions) however the Mac App Store version does impose a few restrictions that may cause issues/may prove difficult to catch all before actually submitting the app to the Mac App Store itself. We are working to fix these issue as fast as possible. My apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Hi MEB,

nothing personal, but the versions were never differentiated in your ads nor on the site 🤔 However I understand completely the level of technical restrictions imposed by Apple MAS.

So as the versions aren't completely the same but their prices are, there should be a way to convert the licenses maybe?

Thank you anyway MEB  

• Staff

Hi pixartia,
Functionally there are the same - the Mac App Store version simply needs to comply with the Mac App Store guidelines/sandboxing. There's no way to convert between the two since the stores are managed by different entities (Apple and Affinity) and don't share customer info. Maybe wait for v2 (which is a paid upgrade) if you wish to switch.

You're welcome 😊

I already mentioned this, but I am going to say it again:

Vendors of other software with persistent problems caused by restrictions imposed by Apple App Store sandboxing requirements are giving the option of a licence for non-sandboxed versions from their own store for those people suffering from Apple's requirements.

Unless Apple have some contractual language specifically forbidding this (and if so, it would be good to know, so that we can avoid using the Apple App store in future) it really should not be difficult to issue these licenses.

10 hours ago, PhilipPeake said:

I already mentioned this, but I am going to say it again:

Vendors of other software with persistent problems caused by restrictions imposed by Apple App Store sandboxing requirements are giving the option of a licence for non-sandboxed versions from their own store for those people suffering from Apple's requirements.

Unless Apple have some contractual language specifically forbidding this (and if so, it would be good to know, so that we can avoid using the Apple App store in future) it really should not be difficult to issue these licenses.

Completely agree.👍

23 minutes ago, PhilipPeake said:

Yes, Tried plugins with the new release, still not working (but they do work with the Beta).

Can we get an ETA on a fix (or the availability of a direct download license) please?

Are you REALLY going to force me to buy another license to get a fix for this??? 

👍

Hi MEB,

just installed AP 1.8.2 MAS version, but unfortunately it remains "stable" with the same kind and nature of plugins (Nik and Topaz AI) behaviour. Pity.

The Beta saves the day, but believe me it's not so joyful to have such a heavily truncated functionality in comparison with your standard (MAS) edition software at the same price level...

Hope relief comes soon...

On 2/26/2020 at 2:49 PM, Chris B said:

I don't think that will be necessary tbh! The issue affected all plugins! 

Hi Chris, nikcollection-full-1.2.11 (the old one from Google) works perfectly with APhoto 1.8.2 MAS. Only Viveza does not work. But Viveza didn't work before either.

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• Staff

Hi Puck,
If i'm not mistaken Chris B was referring to an issue in v1.8 where plugins didn't run for users with the Mac App Store version. That issue was fixed in v1.8.1.

Most reports here refers to issues running the latest Nik Collection 2.5 in Affinity Photo 1.8.1/2 in macOS Catalina. This is til being worked on.

25 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Puck,
If i'm not mistaken Chris B was referring to an issue in v1.8 where plugins didn't run for users with the Mac App Store version. That issue was fixed in v1.8.1.

Most reports here refers to issues running the latest Nik Collection 2.5 in Affinity Photo 1.8.1/2 in macOS Catalina. This is til being worked on.

Hi MEB,

not especially the latest 2.5 Nik Collection but first of all the latest one by Google.

Me personally I am using the Google’s one. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi pixartia,
You've been using the free Google version all this time? Is that the one where the labels are missing on a few plugins for you in macOS Catalina (Mac App Store version)?

@Peteg, @PhilipPeake,
Are you also running the free Google version?

Yes. The Google version - paid for before Google took it over and made it free. I am disinclined to pay for it again (just for re-branding). It does actually work fine with the beta (which, of course, no longer works since I updated to 1.8.2)

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Thanks for confirming Philip.

Hi MEB,

I confirm that as well. But I tried also the latest 2.5 trial version by DxO. Both the latest by Google and the latest by DxO are failing constantly to work properly from within MAS version of AP

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi pixartia,
You've been using the free Google version all this time? Is that the one where the labels are missing on a few plugins for you in macOS Catalina (Mac App Store version)?

@Peteg, @PhilipPeake,
Are you also running the free Google version?

Hi MEB

No, I switched to Nik version.

6 hours ago, MEB said:

All right, thanks for the info, MEB

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

5 hours ago, PhilipPeake said:

Ok ... problem resolved (for me). I couldn't resist the $25 license deal, so bought another (native) license and dumped the Mac App Store version.

Glad for you. For me it’s not so OK. 25€ is not a zero. I can’t help myself to stay with my truncated MAS version and to wait for a justice or a licence replacement from Affinity which seems to be a just decision. Finally I cannot spend 25€ each day when something doesn’t work properly. 

• Staff

Hi everyone,
Thanks all for the additional info. I've reproduced the missing labels issue here. It only affects the free Google version running in Affinity Photo 1.8 (Mac App Store version only). I've logged it to be looked at.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:34 PM, pixartia said:

Hi MEB,

I confirm that as well. But I tried also the latest 2.5 trial version by DxO. Both the latest by Google and the latest by DxO are failing constantly to work properly from within MAS version of AP

Hi @pixartia,
We are aware of the issues with the latest Nik Collection 2.5 and Affinity Photo 1.8.2. We are working on them.