You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik plugins not working anymore

j3rry

After new release of AP 1.8. (MAS) the DxO Nik Plugins not working anymore, they still do nothing, no beach ball no crash. I am very disappointed because it still worked in the beta. :-(

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Hi MEB,

why is there a difference between this 2 versions ? One is working the other not? Maybe it's better to convert to  the serif variant?

So for me it's a showstopper...

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• Staff

Hi j3rry,
It's probably related with the app running in a sandboxing environment. All Mac App Store apps are subject to a few "restrictions" to ensure macOS security/stability. Neither the Betas nor the Affinity Store version have to comply with these requirements as they are not distributed through the Mac App Store. I'm sure this will be fixed in an upcoming build. Hold tight.

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Unfortunately this would not be possible, however this has already been fixed internally and we are hoping to see a fix from the App Store tonight/tomorrow. We are sorry for the inconvenience :( 

Thanks for the quick fix. Looking forward to try and review the Nik Collection 2.5

The JixiPix Plugins are not working after the AP MAS 1.8 Update. I will create a new Bug Report topic for that. Thank you

• Staff
Just now, affinitytutorials said:

Thanks for the quick fix. Looking forward to try and review the Nik Collection 2.5

The JixiPix Plugins are not working after the AP MAS 1.8 Update. I will create a new Bug Report topic for that. Thank you

I don't think that will be necessary tbh! The issue affected all plugins! 

my old versions of the plugins stopped working as well and even with the update this morning, they don't work either. 150$ USD is a lot to pay for plugins I have already paid for twice and got for free once with very little improvements. If it was 50$ I would buy the new versions immediately just for the better compatibility they promise. 

• Staff

Hey nomi02118,

2 hours ago, nomi02118 said:

my old versions of the plugins stopped working as well and even with the update this morning, they don't work either. 150$ USD is a lot to pay for plugins I have already paid for twice and got for free once with very little improvements. If it was 50$ I would buy the new versions immediately just for the better compatibility they promise. 

As far as I know, some of the old Nik plugins should load and work to some degree. Are they showing in Preferences > Plugins and does it look like this:

Screenshot 2020-02-27 13.33.10.png

52 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey nomi02118,

As far as I know, some of the old Nik plugins should load and work to some degree. Are they showing in Preferences > Plugins and does it look like this:

Screenshot 2020-02-27 13.33.10.png

It used to, now it is all blank. I tried to delete and reinstall but it didn't work. 

Good news! I deleted everything and when I reinstalled there was a new folder in the Nik folder that said called "google". When I used that they worked! Well they worked as well as they did before, which wasn't great  for some of them but I'm back to where I was which is all I can ask! 

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 09.58.14.png

On 2/26/2020 at 6:20 AM, Martinroedl.photo said:

Would it be possible to get rid of the app store version and get some licence to be able to handle it from your website, please?

Other vendors have done this in the past (issue a license based upon an Apple Store purchase). If you could, I would probably be a taker.

Still no update on the Apple Store for me (MacOS).

• Staff

Hi PhilipPeake,
If you don't see the update to v1.8.1, go to the product page (instead of the Updates section) in the App Store app and click the Update button there.

It's not possible to switch licenses between the Mac App Store and Affinity Store, sorry - the applications are functionally identical - the App Store version just have to comply with sandboxing/App Store requirements. Your best chance to switch is when upgrading to v2 (assuming you want to do it) since it's a paid upgrade but we are still away from getting there.

Mac Catalina user here on version 1.8.1 (App Store) now. Nik Collection still isn't showing up for me. I just downloaded Nik Collection 2.5 again and reinstalled as well.

I've authorized the drive as well and restarted. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 1.02.40 PM.png

Edited by mzdial