You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(584) idml corner radius not quite right.

I just tested the latest beta, (and release candidate) with various IDML-files I have and I am very happy of the improvements!

Even the radius mismatch of the rounded corners was corrected. For me, the values are now right.

What is NOT right, is if you have different corner SHAPES, please see screenshots:

IDML:

658469544_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-26um11_56_19.png.d6965eebc98a5c273308bdbf92e33706.png

Publisher:

558418017_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-26um11_57_05.png.a71affa5c7184d3a27949520c333e2eb.png

AfPub changed all corners to the same style, rounded, although I originally had only 2 corners rounded.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that the corners are not keeping the correct modes, but given that they are set to have all four rounded, if the top corners have a 1.1mm radius and the bottom corners have a 20mm radius, why is it that the top corners appear more rounded than the bottom ones in the screenshot?

Had a similar experience with an idml import on a text frame with rounded corners coming in with the right spec for radius, but the wrong look. Jon just said they are aware and working on it, and if you set the doc's dpi to 72, it will then look correct. Obviously, not a fix, but at least they are aware of the issue. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

6 hours ago, fde101 said:

I understand that the corners are not keeping the correct modes, but given that they are set to have all four rounded, if the top corners have a 1.1mm radius and the bottom corners have a 20mm radius, why is it that the top corners appear more rounded than the bottom ones in the screenshot?

I know it‘s a little confusing: the rectangle was rotated 180 degrees. 🙃

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);

On 3/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, Gabe said:

Hi @woefi,

You forgot to attach the IDML file.

ins_SAMB_oevpzeitung_05b_rz_pr.idml

I noticed also there are similar problems with inside shadow effects, where the values are not being calculated correctly.

...btw, offset in fx is still displayed in "pixels", really? come on!

Good to know, but I just tested with the latest Beta619 (Release Candidate) and it is NOT solved yet.

• 1 month later...

I have to report: still NOT fixed in beta 1.8.4.651

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (IDML: Object corners aren't imported correctly) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you,

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you, this document is now converted correctly!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.