woefi

(584) idml corner radius not quite right.

I just tested the latest beta, (and release candidate) with various IDML-files I have and I am very happy of the improvements!

Even the radius mismatch of the rounded corners was corrected. For me, the values are now right.

What is NOT right, is if you have different corner SHAPES, please see screenshots:

IDML:

658469544_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-26um11_56_19.png.d6965eebc98a5c273308bdbf92e33706.png

Publisher:

558418017_Bildschirmfoto2020-02-26um11_57_05.png.a71affa5c7184d3a27949520c333e2eb.png

AfPub changed all corners to the same style, rounded, although I originally had only 2 corners rounded.

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.6 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

I understand that the corners are not keeping the correct modes, but given that they are set to have all four rounded, if the top corners have a 1.1mm radius and the bottom corners have a 20mm radius, why is it that the top corners appear more rounded than the bottom ones in the screenshot?

Had a similar experience with an idml import on a text frame with rounded corners coming in with the right spec for radius, but the wrong look. Jon just said they are aware and working on it, and if you set the doc's dpi to 72, it will then look correct. Obviously, not a fix, but at least they are aware of the issue. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) • Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB • macOS Mojave

6 hours ago, fde101 said:

I understand that the corners are not keeping the correct modes, but given that they are set to have all four rounded, if the top corners have a 1.1mm radius and the bottom corners have a 20mm radius, why is it that the top corners appear more rounded than the bottom ones in the screenshot?

I know it‘s a little confusing: the rectangle was rotated 180 degrees. 🙃

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.6 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;

On 3/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, Gabe said:

Hi @woefi,

You forgot to attach the IDML file.

ins_SAMB_oevpzeitung_05b_rz_pr.idml

I noticed also there are similar problems with inside shadow effects, where the values are not being calculated correctly.

...btw, offset in fx is still displayed in "pixels", really? come on!

Good to know, but I just tested with the latest Beta619 (Release Candidate) and it is NOT solved yet.

I have to report: still NOT fixed in beta 1.8.4.651