You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.8.0

Patrick Connor

Yep, says it right on their web page.  But it crashed in 1.7x, crashes in 1.8x.  Calls to their support and issues submitted via their webform go unanswered.  Cool app.  Terrible customer service. 

22 minutes ago, Goldiva said:

Hi fellow users

I'm still on 1.7.2

Should I install 1.7.3 first before installing 1.8.1?

Thanks.

This a customer Beta. leatest release is 1.8.0 ;)

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

I hardly have any problems with Affinity Photo 1.8.0.585 so far! Everything works for me, except for one small thing in the dialog "File" New. If you have created your own templates and then called up the file again, then you have to close the newly added window and then call it up again !
I am happy with Affinity Photo !!

• Staff
59 minutes ago, Goldiva said:

I'm still on 1.7.2

Should I install 1.7.3 first before installing 1.8.1?

There is no need to do that, simply update to the latest version, which is currently 1.8.1 on macOS and iPad and 1.8.0 on Windows 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
26 minutes ago, Friedhelm Benner said:

....then called up the file again, then you have to close the newly added window and then call it up again !

Agreed there are a few wrinkles with this New Document dialog to be ironed out.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

12 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Einverstanden, dass mit diesem Dialogfeld "Neues Dokument" einige Falten ausgebügelt werden müssen.

Wie gesagt eine Kleinigkeit, das wird noch da bin ich mir sicher! Das Dialogfeld finde ich sehr nützlich also jetzt schon ein Fortschritt!
Google übersetzer:

As I said a little thing, I will be sure of that! I find the dialog box very useful, so it's a step forward!

41 minutes ago, Friedhelm Benner said:

I hardly have any problems with Affinity Photo 1.8.0.585 so far! Everything works for me, except for one small thing in the dialog "File" New. If you have created your own templates and then called up the file again, then you have to close the newly added window and then call it up again !
I am happy with Affinity Photo !!

I agree, I really like the latest version of AP. My only problem is also with the New Document dialog! Every time I open AP it defaults to the Web tab. Previously it defaulted to to whatever I had used the previous time.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

29 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Ich stimme zu, ich mag die neueste Version von AP wirklich . Mein einziges Problem ist auch der Dialog Neues Dokument! Jedes Mal, wenn ich AP öffne , wird standardmäßig die Registerkarte Web verwendet. Bisher wurde standardmäßig alles verwendet, was ich zuvor verwendet hatte.

Wenn das Dialogfeld erst als Vorlagen geöffnet war, dann auf Vorgaben klicken das Dialogfeld schließen und dann das Dialogfeld neu öffnen, dann ist wieder die ganze Auswahl vorhanden!
Aber das wird noch verbessert wahrscheinlich in der nächsten Version!

Google Übersetzer:

If the dialog box was only opened as a template, then click on Preferences, close the dialog box and then open the dialog box again, then the whole selection is available again!
But that will probably be improved in the next version!

• 2 weeks later...