You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for macOS - 1.8.1 (was 1.8.0)

Patrick Connor

• Staff
5 hours ago, DeepDesertPhoto said:

However, when I open JPFs in the LAB color mode the image opens with the colors all scrambled, ....

Perhaps the next version of AP will have full JPF support, at least for opening JPFs so that can be edited and saved in a more conventional format like TIF of PNG.

Please can you make a post about this in questions with a sample that does not work as JP2/JPF is newly added and may need some tweaks.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please can you make a post about this in questions with a sample that does not work as JP2/JPF is newly added and may need some tweaks.

Sorry for the late reply, the notification I got ended up in my spam box for some reason. I will get to this shortly and post some screenshots showing the differences.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:00 AM, Patrick Connor said:

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in application menu, Affinity Photo > About).

If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available.

Hi there, I purchased Designer and Photo through the App store, while I have Publisher through the Affinity store. 

Publisher and Designer have been updating just fine, but Photo does not—despite following these instructions. Affinity Photo is still stuck at 1.7.3 and it will not appear in the Updates section of the App store. Any ideas?

I am on High Sierra 10.13.6

• Staff

@ffca

Our advice about updating is contained in this article, but if you have tried all that please make a new thread.in the questions forum as this announcement thread is not appropriate to provide support in

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/how-to-install-affinity-updates/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Is it possible to change from the MAS version to the Affinity Store version?

I have not gotten and upgrade notice from the MAS since v1.7.1.

Tried all the steps listed for notification and nothing. I am trying to just download it again

28 minutes ago, Dayo said:

Is it possible to change from the MAS version to the Affinity Store version?

Unfortunately not. The MAS version is sold by Apple and the Affinity Store version is sold by Serif, and because the two companies (quite rightly!) don’t share data about individual customers there is no way to swap between the two versions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)