You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Application crash when using drawing tools in Pixel Persona mode

fpoisson

Hi, i would like to report a bug since the last update install.

Use case :

- create new document or open existing document.

- update pixel layer content with pixel tool, paint brush tool or erase brush tool.

=> crash.

I can't update or create any more content on my project since the 1.8.0 version update.

System infos :

macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.6

MacBook Pro 2018
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz,
16 Go DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4 Go / Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 Mo

Edited by fpoisson

45 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forums.
If you are using a beta then this probably needs to be moved to the relevant beta bugs forum. (A moderator will be able to do this for you.)

Hi Garry, 1.8 is now available in the Mac App Store, it may have been auto updated

Hi, i have just installed macOS Catalina, version 10.15.3. I thought the crash could be related as i still was working on macOS Mojave. But the crash still happens... 😢

And i confirm, that my application version is installed from the mac appstore.

• Staff

Hi fpoisson,

Thanks for letting us know. This is being investigated and we'll be getting a fix out ASAP. In the meantime if you go into Preferences > Performance and change Undo Limit from 0 back to 1024 and File Recovery Interval to 300 seconds you'll be able to use the Pixel Tools without it crashing.

• Staff

Incidentally, we made a DMG file that you can run and follow the instructions to automatically patch the app for you... https://affinity-beta.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/download/PresetsFix.dmg

It seems there was a 'hiccup' on our build server and it has destroyed one file on the Mac App Store build, so we're building and deploying as soon as Apple can pass it through their store. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience :(

Thanks for your patience,

Matt

6 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I’ve just updated them all

I am hanging on for a while, there is a problem with the NIK plugins in Photo from the Mac App Store, I will update all apps when this is fixed.

When version 2 comes out I will get all apps from the Affinity Store 😀