You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cealcrest

I learned a lot about using Affinity Designer for iPad with this piece.

- To select multiple objects in the layers panel, tap the first item and then two-finger tap the last item. Those two items and all the intervening items in the same layer will be selected. This came in so handy for quickly selecting those hundreds of scales. Thanks to @DM1 for this one. :)

- To add a gradient to a stroke, select the object (or objects or group!) and then open the appearance studio. Tap the stroke and then the gradient tool and drag it to position your gradient as desired. You can see the different stroke and fill gradients applied across the scales. Separate stroke and fill gradients gave me the most trouble though. Repeatedly the stroke would become unselected, or the fill would be selected instead (or vice versa if I was working on the fill gradient), or the gradient would disappear and I’d have to start over. These issues made adjusting the gradient quite cumbersome and a bit frustrating.

- To snap nodes to each other, well I never did really figure out which of the little symbols it was... but if you turn on all the snapping options in the node tool’s context toolbar, your nodes will snap. This was great for aligning the tip of the tail. And I’ve been wondering about how to do this for a long time.

- Oh and I found the in-app user manual which is basically a lifesaver. I wish I’d known about it sooner!

Seahorse.png.3783cd7dc9699cd4f09c0e555940e2be.png

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

3 hours ago, Cealcrest said:

Oh and I found the in-app user manual which is basically a lifesaver. I wish I’d known about it sooner!

Here is a PDF version that you can browse while using the app. 🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

@DM1 No wonder you’re a genius about AD on iPad... You replicated the manual, so you’ve probably read the whole thing more than once! Lol That’s great. Thanks for sharing 😁

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video