Jens Krebs

"edit image in affinity photo" not working

Hi,

I have installed both, Designer and Photo, and reset both applications using the CTRL key when starting, selecting all options. Unfortunately, the feature "edit image in affinity photo" doesn't do anything (not even start Photo), when selecting an image in my Designer file and clicking on the according button.

Running both applications on an iMac, using Yosemite with alle the newest updates.

Hi MEB,

thanks for the hint, this works … well … slightly better, but not as expected.

File —> Edit in Photo / Designer opens the entire file I am working on in the other application and if I edit it (e.g. enhance contrast in Photo), it recolours the entire file, not just the image I have selected.

My understanding of this feature was, that I can select one of the images I imported into my Designer document, edit it in Photo and save it back to the original Designer file when I'm done with it.

Am I getting the feature wrong or is it just not (completely) implemented yet?

Hi Jens,

Judging by the name of the button i think that you're right, but for some reason i'm not aware, it shouldn't have been there in first place. Probably due to some issue with the code.

When you switch from Designer to Photo you don't need to affect all your document when you apply an adjustment. Drag the adjustment layer over the thumbnail of the image you want to affect in the Layers panel until a small vertical blue bar appears. This will limit the adjustment just to that image. This is also valid for Live Filters.

I am having a problem with affinity photo and Lightroom  Cannot open Photo from Lightroom to affinity photo. when I try to edit a photo it still has the old affinity Photo bata app showing. Although I have deleted the old Bata app from my system and installed the new Affinity software anyone have any ideas.???

In Lr go to Preferences... > External Editing. Under Additional External Editor click Choose and select the correct version of Affinity Photo. Hope this helps!

I've just tried what you suggested affinity photo is not showing in the preferences. Would it pay me to reinstall affinity Photo ???

When you click Choose it should display all apps in your Applications Folder. Unless you installed Affinity Photo somewhere else it should be listed.

Looking at your more recent posts it looks like you've solved this :)