You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request: Alt/Option color picker select when using Paint Brush

I'm sure this has been requested before but wanted to throw my support in on this.

I did recently find that while in Brush mode, if I hit the Option (Mac) key and then dragging my cursor, it will bring up the color picker which has the larger magnifying circle and dot to select.

Is there any way this could be made more to behaving like PS...where when you have the brush tool and hit the Option (Mac) . Alt (windows)...it instantly turns where your Brush is to a  cross "+" type symbol and select immediately the color under that cursor....

When you are having to reconstruct an image, I find that VERY often I'm doing this to paint and sample quite rapidly back and forth to paint in and blend colors to maybe recreate areas in an image I'm try8ing to clean up.

I usually finish by adding some fake noise to this to make it blend in....

But that quick click-sample-paint is a huge part of my workflow and I'm guessing I'm not alone in that.

The click and then dragging, is not as intuitive, and when dragging you are moving away from the color you want to sample and have to move back to find it...and that magnification of the area, really hurts more than hinders when trying to rapidly grab colors fro the area..a simple cursor, whether it be a cross or arrow or dot or something makes this much easier, faster and intuitive.

Anyway, if you all at Serif could give this some consideration as maybe an option to turn on (and leave the currently ways for those that like the 'new' way of color selection) this option, I think you'd find a LOT of people that would be happy to have this very familiar and highly useful capability.

Thank you in advance,

C