You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

white line between masked areas especially high contrast sky and foregrounds

As a relatively new comer to Affinity Photo I've just got the hang of sky replacement but....

I invariably finnish  up with a line between the two images i am trying to marry together and i cant find a way to remove it other than fiddling with brightness or saturation etc. and reducing the drama of the sky in this instance.

The right hand side of the included image shows my problem.

Anybody got a solution all ideas very welcome

Richard

reynis sky ex-1.jpg

I think what’s happening is you still have some of the old sky left over which sits over the sky you have put behind the image and creates a light fringe. 
You could zoom in super close and slowly erase the fringing with a small textured brush with a 50-75% hardness. The textured brush stops you creating obvious lines.

One of the other options is to use blend ranges on the imported sky I think there is a video on this some where. 

Can’t find the video, and I’m not at my Mac so I can’t show you 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

This is often caused by increasing contrast and / or sharpening too much.
If you add a new pixel layer on top and set it's blend mode to darken.
And then select the clone brush and set the source to current layer and below. You can easily clone that thin line away .

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB