N/A

Shapes disappear after pathfinder operation?

After using the Pathfinder / Subtract operation on two overlapping circles the result is visible until I click away or Deselect, then the resulting shape disappears and the resulting shape cannot be seen or found anywhere in the artwork. 

What is happening?

www.toygun.com.au

I have found a workaround - if I copy and paste the resulting shape while it is still selected, the new shape remains a part of my drawing.

EDIT:
Been playing around and found the Pathfinder sometimes works how I expect it to then sometimes unexpectedly - 
Is the layer order important here? Does the cutting shape need to be on a lower layer than the shape to be cut?

Edited by Rawz
Update

www.toygun.com.au

7 hours ago, Rawz said:

After using the Pathfinder

What is this tool? I've never seen anything like that in Affinity.

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.8.0.585.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.720.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200.

39 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.

I've got it :-)

https://images.app.goo.gl/1wtvEfyrH35qRHcm7

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.8.0.585.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.720.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200.

Sorry, old school terminology for a set of tools in a programme made by Adobe called Illustrator.

The 'Pathfinder' tools create shapes from the combinations of other shapes by adding, removing or intersecting those shapes.

If this is the age group of the replies in this forum then I'm gone.

I meant these tools boys, sorry - 

union_tools.png

www.toygun.com.au