You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HELLO, I'M CAM AND I'VE BEEN WORKING WITH AFFINITY PHOTO FOR A LITTLE WHILE NOW.
I HAVE NOT HAD THIS ISSUE TILL RECENTLY, HONESTLY I'M NOT SURE WHY. BUT WHEN I FIRST USED THE SOFTWARE I WOULD DRAG AN IMAGE TO LAYER BEHIND THE BACKGROUND. BASICALLY REPEATING THE SAME TECHNIQUE TO GET THE BACK BACKGROUND BUT OBVIOUSLY THE APP TITLES IT AS "IMAGE" BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAVE A BACKGROUND. SIMPLE STUFF, BUT FOR SOME REASON MY IMAGE LAYER IS SHOWING THE PICTURE I HAVE DRAGGED OUT OF MY FILES IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT LAYERS AREA... YET WHEN I CLICK THE CHECK ON MY BACKGROUND TO SEE THE NEW IMAGE WITH OUT THE BACKGROUND IT SHOWS A BLANK PIXEL LAYER.... WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN BEFORE. SOME PLEASE HELP IM SURE ITS AN EASY FIX BUT RIGHT NOW I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT. THANKS 

AFFINITY PROBLEM.png

AFFINITY PROBLEM2.png

Edited by Camry
ADDED IMAGE FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF SITUATION

1 hour ago, Camry said:

THE APP TITLES IT AS "IMAGE" BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAVE A BACKGROUND.

That Image is not a Title but a type. You may have placed the image off of the document, I don't really know much about Windows so I can't help with the drag and drop features. Have you tried Placing the image. File > Place then use the cursor to place it into position and size.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

That Image is not a Title but a type. You may have placed the image off of the document, I don't really know much about Windows so I can't help with the drag and drop features. Have you tried Placing the image. File > Place then use the cursor to place it into position and size.

Hey Bruce, I really appreciate the fast response and just  as expected a very easy solution to my problem. Thanks for sharing your experience, and please forgive me for being naive to such an easy fix. Just got so use to doing it the way I originally was doing it, but your suggested method works like a charm maybe someone with this problem wont have to go through what I did because of this post.  :)