You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Patch tool crash affinity photo

So Affinity Photo keeps crashing on me whenever I try to use the patch tool.  Is this common?  It will let me perform all the tasks I need up to finalizing the patch and when I click off the patch the program goes into spinning beach ball (mac) and then shuts down without saving the action.

I'm at the point where I want to uninstall and reinstall Affinity Photo to see if that helps.  Not sure how to do a fresh install.   I've tried rebooting it many times, tried different photos, tried downsizing the file size.  I'm out of ideas...you got any?  

So I downloaded the Beta and tried the same steps and it still crashes.  Weirdest thing.  Frustrating.  

FWIW, I'm selecting a small section of an image of a rainbow.  Choosing the Patch tool.  Marking the "Selection is source" box.  Moving it to different part of the rainbow.  Positioning the selection and clicking the mouse to put it in place then rotating the section to position it properly.  Then clicking off the section.  That's when it crashes.  I've done this at a dozen times now with this same result.  

Any other ideas? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 10:03 AM, stokerg said:

Hi Buzzilla,

I've just been using the Patch tool and can't replicate the crash.

Can you try in the latest beta from here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/107584-affinity-photo-customer-beta-180168-gm-seed/

and see if you have the same results.

I had the same problem and opened a thread a while ago. I now see someone else is having the same issue, and as him I tried everything, even after the update is still the same. As I said in my original thread, I'm lucky because I have an Ipad and I can send the files there through ICloud Drive but yet, I do that ONLY because it's impossible to use that tool on the desktop version without a crash. 

Solutions please

• 1 year later...

Same to me, affinity Photo (V 1.10.1) on McOS Catalina crashes when using Patch tool.

I have 16GB Ram and i7 Processor. I didn't had this before on the previous Version.

It's a simple Image, with 4 Layers, one photo imported. I could replicate that issue and by curiosity i flattened that Image. After flattening, i had no crashes but some weird behaviours -> sometimes after applying the patch tool, i got a deselection on that patch. it happened when the patch was bigger. 

So i could continue, annoyingly with small patches step by step.

thanks and looking forward for that fix.

3 hours ago, Rollo the Wiking said:

Same to me, affinity Photo (V 1.10.1) on McOS Catalina crashes when using Patch tool.

As far as I can tell, this does not happen for me, running Catalina 10.15.7 & AP 1.10.1 on my Intel iMac with an i7 CPU.

It might help diagnose the problem if you would post a crash report & (when you can) to post a sample file that crashes the app for you.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7