You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 minute ago, dannycampbellphotography said:

When I open the Photo tab I don't have the same Tab groups in the side panel that are shown on the training examples

Adjusment, Layers,Styles, Effects, Stock

How do I set this up so it looks like the training videos examples

It's not clear from what you've written whether:

• You have changed the order yourself; or
  • The videos you're looking at have them in a non-default order.

If the first applies, you can set them to the defaults by using the menu View > Studio > Reset Studio.

However, if the second applies, then you would have to drag them around and position them yourself to match the video you're watching.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

They're there, but they're nested together and the names are abbreviated:

1788390623_Screenshot2020-02-22at14_01_13.png.df40c5cd138e775f81f95c59e62a9ea9.png

Ad is Adjustment, St is Stock, FX is Effects etc. As @walt.farrell says, View - Studio - Reset Studio should put them in the default order.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

You have them, but based on the number of studio panel tabs you have in one section, and the width of your screen, the names will be abbreviated.

For example, you have the Layers tab open currently. Adjustments is the tab to the left, labeled "Ad" on your screenshot. You have Effects, in the tab labeled "FX" in your screenshot, 3 to the right of Layers. And you have two labeled "St", one of which is probably Styles and the other Stock.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1