You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello! First of all thank you guys for having developed this wonderful suite, I bought all three software on my Macbook Pro and my win10 desktop. They are really brilliant in many ways, but there is one thing that frustrated me a bit. Based in China with this East Asian background I have to deal with lots of vertical texts, in Mainland China vertical layout texts in books or magazines have become much less popular since the new regime made decision to assimilate to the West, however these years I have seen many people of young generation have picked up the old tradition in their works i guess might be Japan/Taiwan/Hong Kong cultural influence that made them to rediscover the old fashion China style. Anyway I am still able to make vertical Chinese/Japanese/Korean layouts, just very inconvenient. What I am doing now is type text in horizontal text frames and then edit them to be vertical and I give up if there are loads of words.1874158259_Annotation2020-02-21140336.thumb.png.7410fecaf6e3bcc275362e776bfe253c.png

I hope if possible I will be able to directly type in vertical CJK texts like in Word/Pages or Japanese version of Indesign. thanks. And if this function is still there just me not knowing it please tell me lol. Wish you all the best, I really appropriate. 977599487_Annotation2020-02-21140410.thumb.png.00c0979708d4fcb39578f6963481f423.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Vertical, right-to-left is the how the most important texts of about 1/4 of humanity have been written for 2,500 years, and how they've been typeset since movable type was invented in China about 1,200 years ago. Right now I have to use Word to produce a .pdf to embed in Publisher document if I want it to look properly Chinese. Bummer! Programming this should be an awful lot easier than getting CJK line breaks right, which requires some complex rules to handle punctuation. (I'm assuming Publisher can do that correctly with horizontal left-to-right CJK, but I don't know for sure — I never write Chinese that way.)

• 2 months later...