Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When I chose the levels adjustment in the latest Windows desktop version of Affinity Photo, the histogram is in black and white.  The histogram on the right panel is in color.  Tutorials show both in color.  Can't find how to change the Levels histogram to color.  Any ideas or is it just my copy of the program?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi PhotoCat,

Please could you make sure the dropdown shown in my screenshot is set to RGB?

Thanks

Callum

Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 09.57.44.png


Please tag me using @ in your reply to I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Callum said:

Please could you make sure the dropdown shown in my screenshot is set to RGB?

The Histogram in the Levels Adjustment is always in Black-and-White on Windows, Callum. This is true in both 1.7 and the 1.8 beta, but I seem to recall it's been logged to be looked at as it's in Color on Mac.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.3.641 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.3.641 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.3.627 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As @walt.farrell says, the Levels Adjustment histogram has never been in color on Windows. At least it hasn't been in color since I started using APhoto with Version 1.6 some 2-1/2 years ago.

It troubles me greatly that Serif support does not know such a basic fact about APhoto. At least I would have thought someone would check facts before replying to a query from a customer and suggesting that the customer try something that will have no effect at all. I would have thought support personnel would have a Windows computer available to verify their responses. Windows has an 88% world market share, after all, with Mac less than 9.5%. Again I get the impression that Serif is mostly aiming at the Mac desktop publishing market and not at the wider photography market. 

Here are histograms from a photo I'm working on with the Levels Adjustment and Histogram Panel displayed side by side.

image.png.5fa83dfe375807f101cef310f633c533.png


Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641, Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641, Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1909, 
Dell XPS 8930, 16 GB Ram,  Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Granddaddy said:

As @walt.farrell says, the Levels Adjustment histogram has never been in color on Windows. At least it hasn't been in color since I started using APhoto with Version 1.6 some 2-1/2 years ago.

It troubles me greatly that Serif support does not know such a basic fact about APhoto. At least I would have thought someone would check facts before replying to a query from a customer and suggesting that the customer try something that will have no effect at all. I would have thought support personnel would have a Windows computer available to verify their responses. Windows has an 88% world market share, after all, with Mac less than 9.5%. Again I get the impression that Serif is mostly aiming at the Mac desktop publishing market and not at the wider photography market. 

Here are histograms from a photo I'm working on with the Levels Adjustment and Histogram Panel displayed side by side.

image.png.5fa83dfe375807f101cef310f633c533.png

Everyone makes mistakes Grandaddy especially while supporting 8 apps over 3 operating systems! I should have checked on my Windows machine as well as my Mac but it is a lesson learned. I would like to note that this problem is currently marked as fixed on our internal 1.8 build.

Thanks

C


Please tag me using @ in your reply to I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Callum said:

Everyone makes mistakes Grandaddy especially while supporting 8 apps over 3 operating systems!

Not me! I never make missnakes. 🤪


Affinity Photo 1.8.3, Affinity Designer 1.8.3, Affinity Publisher 1.8.3; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 
1.8.3.180 & Affinity Designer 1.8.3.2 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, R C-R said:

I never make missnakes.

Nor moo 🦘


Affinity Photo 1.8.1,  Affinity Designer 1.8.1, Affinity Publisher 1.8.1, Mac OSX 10.15, 2018 MacBook Pro 15"

Betas as they happen... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone will be happy to know that the Levels histogram in Ver 1.8 of APhoto is in color in Windows 10

image.png.d773694602da9535715f0f91c78d82d3.png


Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641, Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641, Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1909, 
Dell XPS 8930, 16 GB Ram,  Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.