You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, not sure what's up but this morning when I go into "separated view" on Affinity Designer, all the menus except for the left side tools disappear and I have no clue what's up as it's been always working well. thinking it might be an issue related to using the Cintiq and a second monitor, I opened Affinity Photo but it works there perfectly. I think I might have done something weird that I cannot figure out what could be, and I can't work on separated mode now which I so much need cause I have to have a New view window of my file. Which also leads me to ask why it is not possible to simply detach windows from the interface by dragging them like it always has been in every software. Sometimes this is a bit annoying tbh.

Any good advise? I attached a video of the experience. 

PS - Since when the Vector persona is called Designer persona? I just realised of this change and I think it was much clearer before... but just a thought. I guess I will still call it like that when I explain it cause it makes lots of sense to me. Now maybe the vector brushes can be called designer brushes? hhhh that'd make for a lot of frustration resolved when users realise they are actually not real vector brushes ;) My 4 cents.

Thanks!

Loving the music 😁

I think you've hidden your Studio:

1772814657_Screenshot2020-02-20at10_15_24.png.f5917af2bc3d48719ecbe00538b814d5.png

27 minutes ago, IsabelAracama said:

why it is not possible to simply detach windows from the interface by dragging them like it always has been in every software.

Indeed...

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Have you tried Reset Studio? If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas beyond temporarily disconnecting second monitors and graphics pads.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• Staff

Hi IsabelAracama,
This usually starts behaving erroneously when you hit Tab (to hide the interface) and switch between windowed and separated mode enabling/disabling tab in both modes, or press Tab and close the document and Affinity in that state and reopen it. There may be other cases but i still have to check this carefully to see what's triggering the behaviour. Meanwhile a quick way to fix this is to press and hold ctrl while launching the app until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked only then press Clear. It should then behave correctly for you again.

15 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi IsabelAracama,
This usually starts behaving erroneously when you hit Tab (to hide the interface) and switch between windowed and separated mode enabling/disabling tab in both modes, or press Tab and close the document and Affinity in that state and reopen it. There may be other cases but i still have to check this carefully to see what's triggering the behaviour. Meanwhile a quick way to fix this is to press and hold ctrl while launching the app until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked only then press Clear. It should then behave correctly for you again.

Hi Miguel. Did all you said, but the problem persists. 

19 minutes ago, h_d said:

Have you tried Reset Studio? If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas beyond temporarily disconnecting second monitors and graphics pads.

Yeah already tried that too thanks.. but nothing... they literally disappear not to be found anywhere once I click the separate mode

• Staff

While in Separated mode go to the View menu and enable the Show Context Toolbar, Show Toolbar and untick View > Studio > Hide Studio. If this doesn't fix the issue, the cause may be the multi-monitor setup. These panels may have get "stuck" in the second monitor. Try to connect it again and check for them there - drag them to the primary monitor.

Hi, so it is solved. It was related to the second monitor as suspected... I again disconnected it and finally found them flying at the bottom of my first monitor... For some reason I wasn't able to se them te first time I disconnected the Cintiq.

So it is solved! Thanks a lot both.