You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone !
I am currently working in Publisher using Designer's tools.

As you can see on the sreenshot, I have a tile here which is part of a group. What I wich to do, is to make is responsive the the text that is written (artistic mode), the red rectangles representing the margin I wish to keep.
In other words from left to write:

• The first blue rectangle shouldn't be mofified
  • The text, here "Skills and knowleges", would be anchored on the right.
  • Then the last rectangle would see its size varying depending on the length of what is written in the title while conserving the margin (in red).

image.png.ae2a3b37ab674e8e320a91016cc23daa.png

I've tried in many ways, like using constraints but I don't manage to do what I want.

The point is that this title is a text place holder in a master page (affinity publisher) and on the other regular pages I'd like to have different titles that will obviously not have all the same length.

I'm not sure if I'm clear.. :) Thanks for you help in advance

Have a lovely Thursday !

Hi @hujikoda!

Is this what you want:

If so, I've attached a Publisher document. The font is Arial Black. Text is right-aligned with a white background. The small red rectangles are letter I in the same font, in the same text frame. The text frame stretches across the full width of the blue bar but the white area only extends to the width of the text. 

Hope this helps!

H

Stretching header.afpub

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

whitefill.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just for fun, here's a version that does it with just a single text frame.

The frame has a blue background, the text has a white background, and there are four decorations: two for the red bars, two for the white areas that extend beyond them. I haven't got the spacing perfect by a long way...

Extended header.afpub

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• 2 weeks later...

@h_d Thanks ! After removing the red rectangles, this is exactly what I wanted to do. Actually the red rectangles in red in my original post only represented the margin I wanted to have (I just put it in red se you guys could see it)

Anyway I just removed the decorations and I have exacly what I wanted to do except the justification. I'm now trying to put the justification on the right while keeping an indent as you did on the right handside. Now on the train, looking for it :D

PS: How did you add this ruler above your text?

Glad it was helpful!

34 minutes ago, hujikoda said:

I'm now trying to put the justification on the right while keeping an indent as you did on the right handside.

These are my settings in the Paragraph panel:

1999657497_Screenshot2020-03-01at11_42_17.thumb.png.93330923096b2cd09c288fd36f34623b.png

Right aligned in the top row, and the values that you need to look at are in the middle column under "Spacing" - 26 is the Right Indent, 11.9 is Last Line Outdent which seems to adjust itself automatically as I adjust the Right Indent.

36 minutes ago, hujikoda said:

How did you add this ruler above your text?

The text box was created using the Frame Text Tool, and in version 1.8.1 the Text Ruler at the top appears to be there all the time. It doesn't appear if you use the Artistic Text Tool, and looking at some older posts, it may be that in earlier builds of Publisher (eg 1.7.x) you could show and hide the Text Ruler from the View menu.

Cheers,

H