You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save the book in 1 file or disperse them ?

I am doing a very important book that i am quite passionate about.
And it involves alot of text colouring, images, mathematics, Hebrew & Greek words. So it is a lot of work.

Now since Publisher is so fresh and only been out since summer, i want to know if i should do the book in 1 file or seperate them into Chapters? 
I really want it in 1 file for different reasons but i don't know if i should wait for 1.8 before doing that. 

If anyone has some wisdom here then let me know. 

Is there some specific problem that is making you think that Publisher cannot handle the work that you need it to do, or is it just a general worry?
Some forum members have produced very large documents with Publisher without issue.
If you have a very large document with lots and lots of large images and a machine that has a very limited amount of memory then you may encounter difficulties but I don’t think there’s a definitive answer as to how much document any particular hardware set-up can handle.
If you are really worried about something bad happening part-way through your production process then I would probably recommend creating each chapter in a different document. You might not need to do this but if you are going to be worried all the way through the process otherwise then that’s probably not going to be a good thing. Best not to give yourself extra worry if you don’t need to.
Tables of contents and other inter-document functions might be difficult but that would be only if you need them.

1.8 will probably have a merge function (I think it’s in the beta) so that might be available before you finish your book.

Isn't it about time that Serif dealt with this issue and fixed it? I work mostly in long formats, and Affinity is useless for me. Not only is it sluggish, it also won't maintain the proper left/right page settings if I need to add a page. I'd like to use Affinity, because I like many of its features, but this one is a deal breaker.

8 hours ago, MikeW said:

All that aside from the fact that APub cannot really deal with rtl text like Hebrew. 

That would also depend on whether the OP wanted the Hebrew text to be editable. If not then they could use images of the text.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

5 hours ago, John Rostron said:

That would also depend on whether the OP wanted the Hebrew text to be editable. If not then they could use images of the text.

John

A one or two line snippet here and there? Sure, why not (or vector). But more than that? It better be a labor of love.