You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

do I need imposition software to do this:

Hello,

I want to make small reference booklets, for instance lists of passwords and like that. I want these booklets to be 1/4 of a letter size document, that is, 4.25" x 5.5". Sometimes twice that, half of a letter size. I had the impression I have to have imposition software, such as my 'Montax Imposition', but I'm finding it very difficult to learn (newbie). I'm wondering if the imposition software is even necessary. Any opinions?

Thank you very much for reading this.

James

If you save your books as PDF, readers such as Acrobat Reader and Foxit will do the imposition for you when printing booklets.
Also some printer drivers have a booklet function.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

PaulEC and Callum, thank you for your  replies. I will take you to heart and see what more I can do without grinding my brain with learning imposition. I am trying to learn too many new things at the same time.

Callum, my booklets would be just like the instruction manuals that come with most small pieces of hardware. How-to, listings, definitions, all kinds of text bits.

James