You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Release timetable

Serif generally won't say when the release will occur.

I will mentiont that they are still implementing new functions (e.g., the New file dialog is quite recent on Windows, and support for Photoshop Smart Objects was just made available), as well as fixes for problems. And they just released the first beta for Photo on iPad (none yet for Designer on iPad).

So I would expect it's still going to be awhile (1-2 months?), but that's just a guess. And sometimes they have surprised me :)

Edited by walt.farrell
Discovered that the PSD smart object support is also in Windows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

@Chris B This emoji is way too small. Is this saliva dropping from your mouth?

It's a zipped mouth.

1 hour ago, henryg said:

This beta looks to have been "cooking" for a long time. Is there any liklihood of a release version in the near/ish future? The stated file incompatibility is a major issue.

We don't comment on release dates. If we suggested a date and missed it, people would be on the forums and social media complaining to us, so it's just easier to not do it!

33 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

It's a zipped mouth.

We don't comment on release dates. If we suggested a date and missed it, people would be on the forums and social media complaining to us, so it's just easier to not do it!

no problem we will wait :)

• Staff
17 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Smart Objects, which has not gotten to Windows yet

You can enable it from Preferences > General > Import PSD smart objects where possible. It's off by default for some reason. I'll find out why! 

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

You can enable it from Preferences > General > Import PSD smart objects where possible. It's off by default for some reason. I'll find out why! 

Yes, I just discovered that it's present. I missed that in the last beta announcement.

(And yes, it's off by default, I believe. Possibly for consistency?)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

However, as noted elsewhere, it seems not to work on Windows even when enabled, and it was not announced as a Windows enhancement yet:

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff
24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

However, as noted elsewhere, it seems not to work on Windows even when enabled, and it was not announced as a Windows enhancement yet:

I noticed just after posting my reply 😓 The UI was added before the functionality. Not quite sure why that happened...

23 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Fair enough. I think I'll await the official release.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.