You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong dimensions when exporting

artnok

Hi, 

Dunno why Affinity keeps adding 1 pixel to my width and height - exporting 1921x1081 px when documents are 1920x1080 -
Is there a reason it behaves like that? Why do I need to re-adjust manually every artboard? 
When you need to be pixel perfect, this is reaaaaaaaally getting me mad.
-
Thx for your support. 

First increase your displayed decimal places to 6

Then ensure all values in the Transform Panel are Integer values

Including the x/y coordinates

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, artnok said:

Okay... But it's really annoying triple checking all dimensions even if objects are stuck to guides and pixel perfect conception.... 

If you use the appropriate snapping options from the beginning of your work, and don't override snapping when copying or moving objects, then you should not need to triple check. It should all work out automatically.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 weeks later...

I do not really agree... Even when snapping motions are well activated, if I move an artboard, I always need to re-set the position to integer values. 
So the question is : Do I need to set integer values each I'm moving an artboard before exporting to be sure to get a perfect 1920x1080 (and not a 1921x1080 or 1920x1081) ?

59 minutes ago, artnok said:

Even when snapping motions are well activated, if I move an artboard, I always need to re-set the position to integer values

That probably indicates that either:

• you have too many snapping options turned on; or
  • you are holding the Alt or Option key while moving the artboard (which would ignore snapping); or
  • you have Move by Whole Pixels enabled.

For example, if you have activated Snap to object bounding boxes or snap to margins (especially with midpoint snapping) then you may snap to fractional pixel locations.

I just did an experiment with snapping to object bounding boxes and midpoints active, and snapping to margins and midpoints, and was able to get a misplacd artboard. But with only Snap to Grid, and with Move by Whole Pixels off, I could not get a mispositioned artboard by dragging it unless I had the Alt key pressed.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 years later...
On 4/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, walt.farrell said:

you are holding the Alt or Option key while moving the artboard (which would ignore snapping); or

Sorry to dig this thread again but... What other options do you have?

2 hours ago, artnok said:

Sorry to dig this thread again but... What other options do you have?

What other options do I have for what? 

If you're holding Alt or Option while moving an Artboard, don't do that. Holding Alt/Option disables Snapping. Just drag the Artboard using the Move Tool if you want to move it.

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, artnok said:

OK so you just hold "Alt" to duplicate an artboard then drag it without holding any other keys to avoid non integer values. 

Right ? 

Yes. Or use Ctrl/Cmd-J to duplicate, then drag. Or (I think, away from my computer) drag using Ctrl/Cmd to directly duplicate and move with Snapping.

-- Walt
PC: