You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drawing with pencil creates line after changing size

After changing the size of the pencil width or colour, tapping off the menu to close it with the pencil causes a straight line to be drawn.  The only effective way is to tap with your finger.  

Clearly one should be able to tap off the menu with the pencil.

*Edit*

I should have stated this is 1.8.0.165 on a 1TB iPad Pro 2018

• Staff

Hey frankthechicken,

I have logged a couple of bugs and improvements around your post—thank you.

We should be able to dismiss a pop-up dialog with a tap but also be able to draw a stroke if the dialog is still open. Something has clearly bugged here. We should be able to get this sorted.

This bug was, I think, first introduced in 1.7.

After my limited testing 1.8 seems like a huge improvement on 1.7, so huge congratulations to the team.  It seems to be back to the wonderful standards of 1.6, which is great.

My main annoyance of 1.7 was the slowdown when resizing layers, this seems to be vastly improved in the new version.  There are a few occasions when resizing/moving layers long slow downs occur but it's nowhere near the levels of 1.7.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 9:49 PM, frankthechicken said:

In other words the line is being drawn again after tapping off the context menu.

Back to a dot only in current beta GM 😁

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.