You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

not loading, and created an <embedded> document on its own

i don't know if the file size is maybe too large; however i've been trying to use layers to add a section to a plan. not only is my laptop running incredibly slowly, i literally cannot click on any element on the page and affinity has also opened an <embedded> file which reopens every time i try to quit it. Please help!! 

affinity is now running so slowly i can not make any changes to any documents as the lag is so bad! I have plenty of ram on my mac and so am really at a loss to why im having such major issues as ive used this program for years and never experience issues until the last few weeks. Any ideas on how to get round this gratefully accepted. I have tried restarting program and mac as well as the program and working on smaller files - all to no avail!

• Staff

Hi hollwinskell and thanks for uploading the file.

The problem is due to the embedded PDFs, which are loading with thousands of individual curves.  The new beta of Designer has a feature where it will group these together, which results in a smoother workflow.  But it would mean re-creating the file in the beta version.

I'll drop you a PM with a download for a revised version of the file, which should work better.  You would have to open it in the beta which you can download from here, the beta installs alongside the release version.  I'll send you that PM now :)