You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to avoid image to be outside the text zone ?

Hello

I am writing documents with text and graphics. My graphics are linked in ressource and are floating with text reference. All is running well until the text is at the end of the page.

I am trying to explain what's going wrong. When I import the picture as you can see here my picture is outside the bounds (of course option isn't checked !).

o4HSCS.png

But when I activate the option here the result I get. As you can see I do not want the picture here

xNAfWa.png

Is there anything I am doing wrong ?

Regards

Try disabling the "Keep within bounds" option for the image in the Pinning Studio

disable.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hello

Thank you for your answer. I have tried your answer without success.

As I can see on your screen shot you are wrong with Vertical offset for my needs. I want to get the top of image 8 mm under the text line. If there is not enough space at the bottom of the page with current content, the text should be put in next page with the image just under (as two linked paragraphs of text will be if there isn't enough space to put them together at the bottom of the page). In fact in my previous post with screen capture, the image should not be at the bottom of previous page but between the text associated with and the next paragraph. 

So I want to keep image in bounds with vertical position. The horizontal position is not a problem because the center of image is set from the page edge so it could not be outside the bounds horizontally.

Hope this helps you to understand what I want.

• Staff

Hi PyrosBrother,

If you go to View > Studio > Pinning to bring up the pinning menu then select your image and select inline on the pinning menu does this create the behaviour you are looking for?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

14 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi PyrosBrother,

If you go to View > Studio > Pinning to bring up the pinning menu then select your image and select inline on the pinning menu does this create the behaviour you are looking for?

C

No that's not the good result. In fact my text insertion point is just before the two colons as you can see. If I select Inline then the picture comes between the space after frame and the two colons. I do not want this.

b2Oae3.png

Here is what I want to get (to get it I force a page break before the paragraph and I do not want to use this workaround because if I add or remove lines before the paragraph, the page break occurs at the wrong place or it's not necessary to have it).

ipqGZV.png

• Staff

Hi PyrosBrother,

Our QA department have told me there is no bug here as far as they can see. Please could you try following this video to see if it gives you the result you are after?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aahijpu5f1chycv/Inline Floating Image - 1080p.mov?dl=0

Hello Callum,

This trick does the job but I not as smooth that I want. Please try your trick with a space after paragraph with a 30 pt value... What's append to your picture placement ? It get a 30 pt before and after it... I do not want my picture move from my reference point by setting a space before or after for my paragraph style or my text alignement. To avoid this I should create and set a text style specific for my images which are in fact considered as text because setting them as inline...

Why all the result is correct with floating mode image as I do with text reference which let me place the image as I want from my reference point until there is a page break ?

I will record a video to show you what's going wrong.

• Staff

Hi Pyros, 

I apologise for the delay I was off from last Thursday until today. I will speak to our QA team today and get back to you but with the launch of version 1.8 everyone is very busy at the moment so please bare with me.

Thanks

C

Hello Callum,

That's ok. It does not matter and it's not a emergency.  It would be great if this could be considered for future releases.

NB: I am in love with the new 1.8 versions of all the products. I think Affinity is on the right track. You have to be patient, but since the first beta version that has come a long way !

35 minutes ago, Callum said:

... everyone is very busy at the moment so please bare with me.

Perhaps it would be better if everyone kept their clothes on? 🤔

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 years later...
  • Staff
14 hours ago, gapsInMind said:

@CallumI'm experiencing the same problem as PyrosBrother's issue of a floating image falling off the bottom of the page in Publisher 1.10.5.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks.

Please could you provide a screen recording showing your issue and if possible provide a copy of the document? Have you tried setting the object to float within the pinning menu and ticking keep within bounds as was suggested previously in this thread?