You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Active window / tab should be highlighted

Of course it depends on the size / resolution of the monitor, but for me after 16 open windows / tabs (docked) the active window / tab is not highlighted. Instead it vanishes into the >>-pulldown for more windows / tabs. It would be nice, if the current active window / tab is highlighted in the foreground.

Affinity applications have the colours orange, magenta and cyan in their logos. Why not using these colours to distinguish between the applications? When I started with AD, AP and APu I often clicked into the wrong programme, because the panels looked all the same. A small overline in the application colour for panels and windows / tabs would be enough.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Found out something else, at least for the retail version APu on Windows 10. Having 16 windows / tabs open, the last one vanished into the >>-pulldown. Now go to the explorer and try to open again a file that is already open.

My expectation would be, that the again opened file is now the active / checked one, but the last opened file is still the active / checked one.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

My expectation would be, that the again opened file is now the active / checked one, but the last opened file is still the active / checked one.

This drives me up the wall.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

This drives me up the wall.

Any irony in this sentence? My first post describes bad not-so-well-done interface design in my opinion. My second post was just an observation. How often would one - except me - try to open an open file again. :D

------

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

Of course it depends on the size / resolution of the monitor, but for me after 16 open windows / tabs (docked) the active window / tab is not highlighted. Instead it vanishes into the >>-pulldown for more windows / tabs. It would be nice, if the current active window / tab is highlighted in the foreground.

Affinity applications have the colours orange, magenta and cyan in their logos. Why not using these colours to distinguish between the applications? When I started with AD, AP and APu I often clicked into the wrong programme, because the panels looked all the same. A small overline in the application colour for panels and windows / tabs would be enough.

Couldn't agree more with you on this point! Esp, the 2nd paragraph.

2 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Any irony in this sentence? My first post describes bad not-so-well-done interface design in my opinion. My second post was just an observation. How often would one - except me - try to open an open file again. :D

Add my name to the list. I do it more often than I care to admit. ;(