You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NIK all of a sudden crashes AP

Using free version of NIK filters without a problem. All of a sudden, when I attempt to load an image, AP crashes. No error message, just quits. Mac operating system Catalina 10.15.3 (latest version) and AP 1.7.3 (latest version). Would appreciate any help in resolving this issue. Thanks.

• Staff

Not getting any crashes here so far macOS Catalina 10.15.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3 and Nik Collection 5.02 (I think). I'll update macOS and test again.

Try removing the Nik collection from Affinity Photo (Remove from Preferences) reinstall and try again. Does this occur with any image?

You can check to see if a crash report was generated, if so retrieve it so we can take a look.

Open the Console app from Applications > Utilities. In the left hand panel click Crash Reports - you will see a list of Crash Reports. Find the relevant crash report - it should display the app's name in the Process Name column. Right click and select Reveal in Finder. Please send us the .crash file.