You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.0.555 Cog Tool

Just trying the change on number of teeth in the COG tool, slider still limits to 48 but you can make more by entering the amount in the quantity box. Those using the slider may think that 48 is the limit

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Agreed. Users may not try to enter a numeric value. The slider needs to be recalibrated.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Maybe it'd be a good idea to add a plus (+) simbol to the right side, to let the user thing he can add more Teeth.

Best regards!

• Staff

This is by design. The slider range is set to 48 as it allows the slider to be easy to use without it being too finicky for 90% of cases. There is also no upper limit to the amount of teeth that can be applied to the shape so there is no way to give it the correct value.

2 minutes ago, Dave Quail said:

The slider needs to be recalibrated.

My personal opinion: I don't like the sliders anyway. Depending on the sensitivity of the input device or moving the slider too fast you are never so precise as typing in values. My first steps with Affinity and the sliders gave me the impression of how unprecise the workflow is. But I found out that there are other ways to get the precision, so everything is fine now and I avoid using the sliders as much as possible.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Given that there isn't an obvious limit now to the

7 minutes ago, Dave Quail said:

The slider needs to be recalibrated.

Given that there is no obvious limit now to the values that can be used I don't see how a recalibration would work. I think Mithferion is on the right track

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.