You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Single "click" does not work on my Wacom Intuos Pro

stroiman

I have an Intuos Pro S (model PTH-451 - driver version 6.3.38-3)

It works most of the places in the application, and pressure sensitivity works correctly. But on some elements in the application, it doesn't react when I "click" with the stylus. E.g. adjustment presets often has to be clicked multiple times before they are selected, and I cannot play macros at all using the stylus.

In both cases, if I click with my mouse, it works fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, stroiman,  for posting on this issue and thank you, Old Bruce, for acknowledging that it is not a user error. Otherwise, I would have kept trying to overcome the problem, as I’d been doing until I happened on this post. I have Wacom Intuos pen tablet PTH-651, the latest Mac OS, and Affinity Photo 1.8.1. The adjustment layer presets do not respond at all to my Wacom pen, except one preset that twice turned my document red With no alternatives. I changed to Affinity after the Catalina upgrade trashed my Photoshop cs6. I removed and then upgraded Wacom's driver in a quest to get it to play nice with the iMac upgrade. That helped. But the threesome of Affinity, Catalina, and Wacom still have functionality issues. If the compromised functionality of the Affinity is due to an unresolved incompatibility between the OS, Wacom, and Affinity software, I hope Affinity will resolve it, and hopefully in tandem with Wacom designers. Apple upgrades may have caused the glitches experienced by Wacom and Affinity, but Apple seems only to shrug off the messes it makes of nonproprietary apps, shifting the burden of functionality onto the app designers. I look forward to Affinity and/or Wacom upgrades that make everything work as intended.