You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo is crashing too much while editing canon cr2 and fuji raf files

While I am trying to develop canon cr2 and fuji raf files on my ipad air 3 it crashes and all the work I have done is gone. What can I do? After moving my workflow to the iPad affinity photo and desiner looked professional to me. And now this is happening after paying a good ammount of money. Pathetic. Please now can you help me with this?      

• Staff

Hi Srijan Sayed,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble! Could you please confirm for me:

• What model cameras do your RAW files originate from?
  • Does the app crash when loading the image, when developing the image or seemingly randomly?
  • Can you follow one specific workflow that crashes the app each time?
  • What location are you opening the RAW images from? (ie locally, through Photos, a cloud provider?)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

My apologies for the delayed response here.

On 2/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, Srijan Sayed said:

Camera model- Fujiflim xt20 and canon 1300d, 

Thanks for confirming that, the Canon 1300D is supported as standard however the Fujifilm XT20 requires the uncompressed RAW file format only - please make sure this is set on your camera else the RAW file may not be developed correctly.

This certainly sounds as though it's due to a RAM issue that we're aware of for the newer generation iPads with 3GB of memory. This has been fixed in our latest beta and we hope to release this update shortly - my apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
14 hours ago, Srijan Sayed said:

let's hope uncompressed fuji raw will be supported by the app very soon

Unfortunately RAW support is determined by Apple as we use the Apple Core RAW engine, so this requires support being adopted by Apple. You can find the full RAW support list here -
https://support.apple.com/HT210191

Please note -

Many thanks!