You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: fast way to clear all guides?

4 hours ago, Greg@AshwoodPhotographics said:

The guide manager also in AFFINITY Photo it's a brilliant few a feature. 

Greg 

Dude, I wouldn't use your email addy as a user name unless you love being spammed.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

@Erica I'm on Mac and I have Control + G assigned in Keyboard Shortcuts for the Guides Manager but you can assign whatever keystroke you want as long as it doesn't clash with one already assigned, you'll know if it clashes because it will display a yellow triangle, mousing over it tells you what it's already assigned to.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

12 hours ago, firstdefence said:

a I'm on Mac and I have Control + G assigned in Keyboard Shortcuts for the Guides Manager ...

FWIW, I use Shift + G for that, & Shift + A for the Grid & Axis Manager. Works well unless I am in text edit mode.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 years later...
24 minutes ago, Lintrezza said:

I'm going to have to put up with them or remove them page by page...

View > Show Guides works across all pages

You can also make all Guides invisible by changing their colour in the Guides manager (View > Guides...)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2 hours ago, Lintrezza said:

Interestingly, it only clears the guides on each page for me, not all the guides on the doc

1 hour ago, Lintrezza said:

I thought of that. But I do want to retain some 🙂

Error: Does not compute!

What exactly are you trying to do?

You can't delete all guides in the document but retain some of them

If some or all of the guides are the same on all pages you can place the guides on a master page and then just delete them from the master when you no longer need them

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Of course you can't retain any of them. But they were a mess. They turned up out of no where. Some weird glitch. I'd been putting them at 70mm for chapter header pages and then spontanously a whole heap turned up, all at different places, but mostly 70.1mm 70.2mm and so on through to 90mm+. I cannot begin to understand how this occurred . Clearing all guides did nothing. (I wanted to avoid having to explain the weirdness). But nor do I need one on every page. So I wanted to clear the lot and place one on each page of a new chapter. Now done. Thanks.