You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Crashing when Using Grids

Ginblue

Hi all, I have an issue with Affinity Designer crashing when I use grids. Been using Designer for about a month and experienced the occasional crash when drawing on to isometric grid. However now I set up my grid go to draw and as soon as I click on the canvas it crashes the computer, every time now. 

Update 15/02/2020: The issue seems to triggered by hesitation when drawing on the canvas either with mouse or pen when the grid is active. If I stop moving even for a fraction of a second crash. Sometimes the computer freezes sometime it blue screens.

Update 16/02/2020: Updated the graphics drivers in the hope that they maybe the cause of the issue. Grid show on opening a new document and works and does not crash until the grids and axis manager is opened. Then it either crashes as soon as any changes are made to grid settings or as so as I try and draw on the canvas having altered grid settings. Attempting to access the grids and axis manager from the studio isometric panel also results in a crash also. Resulting crashes are programme and computer frozen or blue screen.  

Update 17/02/2020: I think I've solved the issue (figures crossed). I reinstalled Designer (which I had done several times before). This time though I deleted App Data, restarting my computer between each stage. Interesting to note that when I was having these issues the grids preset menu was empty, after the last reinstall it is populated again. Hope this is of some help to someone, sometime.

755195279_Annotation2020-02-15131631.png.38c7551eb5c99d097851db7d8fab41e6.png

Anyone else have this issue or know the cause? Thanks in advance Anthony

Edited by Ginblue
Issue solved