You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[556] App crashes when quitting with 2 simple docs open

Happens multiple times. Crash logs attached. Test docs that were open attached.

Also noticed that when trying to restart, those open docs did not reopen, even after the dialog asking if I wanted to reopen windows.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2020-02-14-150620_TRAC-Main17.crash Affinity Publisher Beta_2020-02-14-150906_TRAC-Main17.crash Column Rules test - 531.afpub Test_of_clipping,_brushes,_circles_-_beta_556.afpub

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

I just tried to quit with only one of the docs open at a time and no crashes. However, when I opened a third doc that I originally had open when this first started happening, and had only that doc open (a converted/opened pdf), it crashes. I've attached the crash log here and uploaded the APub doc to the dropbox link.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2020-02-14-152841_TRAC-Main17.crash

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Using various combinations of the 3 docs, I can sometimes get the beta to quit without crash. However, if 2 of the docs were open, it most often will crash when trying to restart. Then when I try to restart again, even though it shows the dialog asking of I wanted to open the windows/docs that were open, it doesn't open any of them. 

On the other hand, with just a single doc open, I can usually get it to quit and reopen okay. Starnge! Never had this happen before in any other versions, so don't know if that new pdf-to-APub file is to blame.

------

Okay, just tried with only 1 of the 2 simple files, individually and together (not the pdf conversion doc), and no crashing. But as soon as I open the pdf converted doc along with the others open, in one case I could quit without a crash, but it crashed when trying to reopen. And when I do re-reopen, none of the files are open despite the dialog asking of I want them open. Thus it seems the uploaded pdf converted APub doc is causing the issue for some reason.

This last crash report on restart attached.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2020-02-14-160205_TRAC-Main17.crash

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Looks like that original pdf is causing the problem (already uploaded). I just tried opening it in 1.7.3, saved it, then tried to quit 1.7.3. Crashed, and when reopening neither of 2 files were open despite the dialog. 

Thus not sure why I can't open that pdf and save as APub

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• Staff

Looks like that original pdf is causing the problem (already uploaded). I just tried opening it in 1.7.3, saved it, then tried to quit 1.7.3

I've opened that PDF and saved it and can't reproduce that in 1.8, can you?

When you try to quit, has the document been recently saved or have you modified it and are getting a save prompt before closing?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

7 hours ago, Jon P said:

I've opened that PDF and saved it and can't reproduce that in 1.8, can you?

When you try to quit, has the document been recently saved or have you modified it and are getting a save prompt before closing?

Well, I was encouraged reading your post. However, when I did a fresh open of the pdf in beta 556, it opened and scrolled fine. I did a Save As to generate a APub doc. I had the other 2 simple docs open, I then quit the app. It quit fine. I restarted the app and everything opened fine. I was ready to celebrate, but thought I should try once more. Sadly, when I quit and tried to restart the app, got the crash (report attached). When I subsequently restarted the app, it asked if I wanted to reopen previously open windows/docs, I said Yes, but the app opened without the docs opening.

Not sure what would be unique to my setup causing the crash when using only this pdf as the starting point for a new doc, but it is doing it repeatedly.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2020-02-17-113424_TRAC-Main17.crash

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.