You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Book cover design for a thriller series

bodobe

Hello, I'm a graphic designer and illustrator and I work with the Serif apps. I worked with Photoshop and Indesign for many years, but I discovered Affinity Designer in 2015 and Affinity Photo just a little later. I have created many book cover designs, most and the best with Affinity Photo. Now I have bought Affinity Publisher and I am absolutely thrilled. I now open all work with affinity publisher and switch very quickly to photo or designer. It's so practical, I love it! I am happy every time I switch in Affinity Publisher to Photo or Designer, I don’t want to do without it anymore. Thank you, Serif, you really did something great. Yet again;-)
Here is a working example: E-book and print cover for a thriller series from Cologne.

https://www.bodobe.de/berberblut-buchcovergestaltung/

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

Hello BigStef, thanks for your feedback,. Yes, "Zorneswut" was the first work for the new cologne crime series. Before that, I've created the eifel crime series (for the same author) with 12 books ( Eifel: low mountain range in western Germany and eastern Belgium). I create all book covers with the serif app series and I am very happy with it. Of course, work is always work too, but if you have good tools, it just works better 😀

On 2/18/2020 at 12:29 PM, VectorWhiz said:

The Berberblut cover is graphically strong and appealing. The combination of monochrome and one colour works well. This is exactly what a book cover should do.

Thanks VectorWhiz, it's exactly right. The monochrome design and an additional color is the style of the series. Thank you for your kind feedback 😀

On 2/18/2020 at 12:37 PM, PatrickM said:

@bodobe strong graphics indeed, and texture is great too...

I was about to ask you if you lived in Cologne when I read your location ...

@PatrickM - That's right, I live in Lübeck. But I know Cologne a little because I had a girlfriend there. One of the best cities in Germany.