velarde

Offset Path + Shape Builder Tool

Hello.

I know these two functions have been asked before and some people question them ( specially the Shape Builder Tool) but I found a quick video that shows them working together.

I think these are the only two things I'm missing from Illustrator . These two tools are  pretty much essential for Logo and Brand Designers (which I'm sure are a big market )

Hope they are added to the road map soon , now that you are working on the improved convert to path function.

Thanks

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

I'm second to that. Offset feature is one of the things I use daily. 

There are some alternative ways to create that feature in Affinity but it's very archaic and not accurate; I usually use in in very small measurements such as 0.1mm and so. 

Please let us have it soon :)

Hello.

I understand that there is a certain amount of features  we will get from the Affinity 1 versions. 

But add these two functions to version 2 of Designer and it would be an instant buy for me.  

In my opinion Affinity is a great tool for Illustrators, but I think it's time to focus more on "Designers" tools: Logo, Branding, Icon creation. BIG Market there.

The improved "convert to paths" tool is a step in the right direction.

thanks

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

first, i like to take this time to say thanks for keeping the creative community empowered with a great application! so far, i am very impressed with the software!

i'm sure you folks have your list of things you are working on. however, as someone switching from the more recognized gorilla vector app, i have a few tools that i sorely miss & could really use soonest (like today):

a. OFFSET TOOL (all the work-arounds i've seen so far are infuriating)!
b. a pattern library, and
c. AUTO-TRACE!!

would be NICE:
i realize that i can be making my own patterns, and probably will eventually create some as time allows. however, until you offer some affinity/serif-produced patterns, could this be a community/open-sourced effort? heck, i believe i'd be willing to contribute one or two to share with the community.

NEEDED:
regarding the offset & auto-trace features, that's just stuff that i, frankly, expected to see in the software. not having them is a major drag on my workflow & efficiency. i'm sure you've had other requests for other vector app migrators like myself, but including these functions would really make the app world class.

thanks again!