You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Indentation Does Not Work

• Staff

Hi LoraDet :)

I've created a quick test document and Tabbing at the start of the Paragraph adds the Tab to the first line, as shown below -

3c773eca90cb8b550c8c068140e452c5.gif

Could you please provide a copy of the file shown in your screenshot? Many thanks!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for your file! I can see that in the Paragraph Studio the 'First Line Indent' value is set to -75px, meaning when you input a TAB this overflows to the next line. As shown in the below screenshot -

image.png

Returning this value to 0px, then inputting your TAB will ensure it's indented in the first line. Could you please confirm, does this happen with every new text box created, or did you by chance copy and paste your text from another source? 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

1 minute ago, Dan C said:

Could you please confirm, does this happen with every new text box created, or did you by chance copy and paste your text from another source? 

It happens with every new text box created as I believe the 'First Line Indent' value is set to -75px in the Master Page, using a custom Text Style. Though, the solution you provided did indeed work, thank you.

• Staff
1 minute ago, LoraDet said:

It happens with every new text box created as I believe the 'First Line Indent' value is set to -75px in the Master Page, using a custom Text Style.

The master page settings will only affect the specific text fame on this master (and any pages the master is applied to). If you draw a new text frame in a new, blank document and this value is set then it's possible you've changed the default settings for this tool. To revert this, select the Text Frame Tool, then go to Edit>Defaults>Factory Reset. This will return the default values for your tool and you should find that your TAB now functions as expected.

I hope this helps!