You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch Processing Multiple Photos: Which formats (i.e. LUTS) are compatible with Photoshop and/or Lightroom?

18 minutes ago, DeniseIleen said:

Batch Processing Multiple Photos: Which formats (i.e. LUTS) are compatible with Photoshop and/or Lightroom? Thanks so much. 

I don't see how "batch processing" and LUTs are at all related.

Nor how "batch processing" and "compatibility with Photoshop and/or Lightroom" are related.

Can you expand on your question to clarify what you're asking, please? Perhaps describe the workflow you're trying to implement?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi DeniseIleen :)

23 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't see how "batch processing" and LUTs are at all related.

AFAIK Lightroom can use LUT files to create development presets - which can then be applied to a batch of images during import.

47 minutes ago, DeniseIleen said:

Which formats (i.e. LUTS) are compatible with Photoshop and/or Lightroom?

When loading LUTs in Affinity Photo, we can accept the following formats -
 image.png

With your LUT loaded, you'll need to create a Macro that applies this LUT, so that you can apply the Macro when batch processing. I've included links below explaining Macros and Batch Processing with Macros further:

Macros - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/309301203

Batch Processing with Macros - image.png

Please note, currently the Batch Processing feature is not specifically designed for batch processing RAW files, as the files don't follow the same 'development pipeline' that's used when loading individual RAW files. This has been changed in version 1.8 (currently in beta), and should hopefully be released to retail shortly.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks so much for your time, Dan C.

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

With your LUT loaded, you'll need to create a Macro that applies this LUT, so that you can apply the Macro when batch processing.

I get how to create Macros by downloading LUTs clearly already. I'm asking more so if there are any other formats *besides* LUTs (.3dl, .cc, .cc, etc) that can be created in Lightroom and/or Photoshop to import into Affinity.

Would you  happen to have any idea?

I'll eventually be creating a Macro in Affinity with this. I'm trying to avoid LUTs as they're more complex and mostly used for film editing outside of Affinity. 

Thanks again for any direction/tips.

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for confirming.

1 minute ago, DeniseIleen said:

I'm asking more so if there are any other formats *besides* LUTs (.3dl, .cc, .cc, etc) that can be created in Lightroom and/or Photoshop to import into Affinity.

There are a few different file types that are compatible between the Adobe apps and the Affinity apps, but these differ depending on what you're trying to transfer between the apps.

Other than LUTs, what else are you looking to transfer from one app to the other? (Brushes, documents, presets?)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 2/14/2020 at 3:48 PM, Dan C said:

what else are you looking to transfer from one app to the other? (Brushes, documents, presets?)

This is difficult to answer since I don't have much photo editing education. Though what I'm looking for is mostly adjustments and not brushes, if that helps at all. 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:48 PM, Dan C said:

There are a few different file types that are compatible between the Adobe apps and the Affinity apps, but these differ depending on what you're trying to transfer between the apps.

I'm basically asking someone to help me who has access to both Photoshop and Lightroom and I don't know which format to tell him to send me the 'adjustments' in. Would you happen to know the options per adjustment types (brushes [if i did need them], docs, presets, etc.)?

Thanks again, super thankful for your time.

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response here.

Saving adjustments from Lightroom for use in Affinity can basically only be achieved using LUTs, as we don't support XMP sidecar files for RAW development.

On 2/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, DeniseIleen said:

I don't know which format to tell him to send me the 'adjustments' in. Would you happen to know the options per adjustment types?

My apologies but I do not understand this question - if you're wanting to use the same adjustments you'll have to manually recreate this in Affinity as you cannot transfer Lightroom adjustments directly to Affinity. It sounds as though you simply need to add the adjustment to your image in Affinity Photo and change the values of the adjustment until you're happy with the result.

Please note -

Many thanks!