You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Found the problem. 

Its happend when I restart my Mac (Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch early 2015), the downloaded samples ís gone. I had to download the samples again and again.

Thanks

Hi Mountain King,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As far as i know, you only have to download it once. Then to open it just click over the image again on the Welcome screen.

• Staff

If you open Terminal and use open $TMPDIR, then look for com.seriflabs.affinityphoto, this is the folder the samples are downloaded to. If you don't have this folder just open Affinity Photo, start a sample download and the folder will be created.

• Staff

Hmmm, this is interesting... we don't usually restart our Macs (seriously, we've had them just 'sleeping' at the end of the day and never restarting them for months at a time!) so we might not have noticed... I'll see if this is an expected thing or not - it's certainly not ideal for people with low bandwidth (I barely get an internet connection at home so I consider myself in that group!) and it's generally very wasteful so not what we'd like to be happening....

Thanks again for your report and update on the matter, :)

Matt

I have tried downloading an Affinity Photo sample several times, but was never able to retrieve it. Using EasyFind, I now detected several com.seriflabs.affinityphoto folders, including some created when I was still trying out the beta version. However, only the most recent sample (Mermaid.afphoto) appeared to be on my Mac, so I have now moved it to an Affinity Photo Samples folder, that I created in my Pictures folder.

Wouldn't it be better if the user could define where these samples end up after download? Other downloads automatically go to my Downloads folder.

CANON cameras (7D, G9), lenses ranging from 10 to 400mm, and Speedlite 580EX II - iMac (24", M1, 2021) running Ventura MacOS 13.4.1(c)

• 5 years later...