You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pantone: London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2020/2021

William Overington

An email announcing a new colour palette arrived this afternoon.

https://www.pantone.com/color-intelligence/fashion-colour-trend-report/london-autumn-winter-2020-2021

So I thought that a thread here so as to try out the palette could be fun. Alas no .ase palette file as far as I can tell.

Yet something interesting has arisen and I am trying to understand what is, or may be happening.

I got the idea that the colours Mandarin Red and Celery might look good together.

I clicked on the Mandarin Red square and got the following web page.

https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/17-1562-TCX

Yet the colour there looks noticeably different.

There is a note on the page about this, but, at present I do not understand it.

Is that the reason for the difference? Yet both versions of Mandarin Red are each on a web page, viewed on the same computer for each of them.

Does anyone understand what is going on please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I just did a PrintScreen of the web page, pasted into Paint and got the following values for the first Manadarin Red.

(R, G, B) -> (253, 12, 1)

Very different from (R, G, B) -> (234, 74, 51) on the page just for the colour.

Doing a PrintScreen for the second page gave (R, G, B) -> (231, 74, 51) in Paint.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

The screen display is sRGV IEC61966-2.1.

If I create a document with this profile, APub (or a color picker app) will get the values 231, 74, 51 from the colour page.

It's not possible to get the right colour picking the page with the "cloth" samples, since there's effects for light and shadow, and I'm not sure there's an area with the pure colour.

The colour you see on the colour finder page is the correct one:
https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/17-1562-TCX

Colours on the editorial page are off. It is simply an error. A little embarrassing error from Pantone.

The neat color picker from Google Search confirms the color finder page color:
https://www.google.dk/search?q=PANTONE 17-1562 TCX

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Thank you both.

So, I am wondering if there is a straightforward way to identify the name of the colour on the first page to which I linked please, if indeed there is one?

So as to facilitate discussion, let us call that colour that I thought would go well with the colour Celery, for the moment, as Winter Red. I have tried to check that that name is not in use, but I am sure that I searched in the right place. 

Does anyone out there happen to have handy a Pantone fashion palette please? Either as cloth or for print, or maybe plastic.

So does Winter Red already have a name in the Pantone system?

William