You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

a Valentine thank you

jmwellborn

With the artistic ability of a flea, and an elderly and very shaky camera hand, but also as a very-retired publisher and author, I have had the most glorious time since early 2017 with first: Photo, and then -- starting with the Betas -- Publisher; and last with Designer.   With Studio Link it seemed the fun thing to do to learn all three at once.   Maybe "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" and I am most certainly a very elderly specimen, but I have still learned so much and have had a glorious time in the process.  It could not have happened without the wonderful people at Affinity who have not only created these beautiful Applications, but who have also been consistently patient, extraordinarily courteous, and so quickly responsive to the questions I (and many others) have posted in these forums.   So thank you, @acapstick, @AdamW, @Andy Somerfield, @Ben, @Callum, @Chris B, Dan with the duck, @Dave Harris, @DWright, @Gabe, @James Ritson, @Jon P, @Lee D, @MattP, @MEB, @Patrick Connor, @Pauls, and @stokerg.   If I can learn -- anybody can!!

There are also so many Forum members who have taught me so much, either by responding to my howls for help, or by helping others.   So here is a feeble attempt to create a valentine for you all, using my trusty inpainting brush tool to rid the water of various and sundry floating stuff, one of Multi4G's 80 LUT's (Shade King's Ink at 100% opacity with a blend mode of Pin Light) to alter the swans' originally too-bright orange beaks and to mute the water color, a Live Filter> Unsharp Mask with a radius of 2 px, a factor of 0.5 and a blend mode of Normal to draw out the swans' neck feathers, and most of all, v_kyr's extremely generous envelope.afphoto file, which was so kindly shared with us in the Resources Forum.  I know that my image won't fit inside the envelope, by the way.   It was fun flipping back and forth between the three apps! 

Perhaps this is progress, after my original Designer donation over a year ago and about 5 minutes after I purchased that app!.  Anyway,  thank you everybody, and Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow to you all!

181564861_finalswancardwithenvelope.thumb.png.82196ae1a80ecc1c9b662d9b3763cfc3.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Staff

Thank you very much jmwellborn, that's very kind

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Many thanks!...much appreciated...

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• Staff
11 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

Dan with the duck

When I changed my username I was certain there couldn't be any downside - but I forgot about 'tagging' users! 😅

You're certainly very kind and we appreciate your presence here on the Forums as much as you appreciate ours - Affinity is only as good as our customers help make it.
I personally think this community is wonderful, and I'm very proud to be a part of it 😊

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thank you for the shout-out, jmwellborn. Your valentine is certainly appreciated!

- smadell

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17