You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I tried the history to go back to something but unfortunately can't return to the latest work I had done. How do I do this?

I looked in the help but found nothing can't wait for better documentation.

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

What are you trying that doesn't work? You should be able to click on an entry in the History tab's list portion, or click on the slider, or drag the slider.

By default the history only covers the current session, so if you've closed and reopened the document, you can't go back past that. You can change that by using File > Save History with Document, but you have to set it for each document individually, and set it before you save.

• 2 years later...

Oh my gawds, No...this is a horrible illogic. Take, for example, the instance I just had. 

Instead of hitting Cmd-Z a couple dozen times to go back to something that got erased, pick it up and Cmd-Shift-Z to get back to now with all the changes, this takes me back to grab that piece and doesn't allow me to come back~! How could that be a good idea? Now, if I start making changes that start a new History line, sure, get rid of all the changes...but now I have to repeat them all again...what, am I a robot? Now, the program and computer are the robot.

It worked perfectly when I tried it.

Deleted something, did a few operations, went back in the history before I deleted the item, copied the item, then moved forward to where I was and then pasted the item in. Perfect!

Everything worked exactly as it does with any history in every program I have ever used. What else would you expect history to do ?

Best thing is, save a Snapshot, then you can move backwards and forwards out of sequence. Your latest actions would have been saved.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.