You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush curve smoothing algorithm

Hello :) Is there a way to get a smooth brush curves without using the stabiliser tool?

The only way for me to get a gentle, smooth curve is by setting a small value (6-8) in brush stabiliser (window method).

It looks perfect - but it drives me mad that there are gaps in my drawings as the brush follows the tip of the pen in some distance - when you draw, you miss lines and create gaps....

It's super-annying and it's the only way that prevents me from ditching Il... competition...

Look, Inkscape does it right, Krita, etc. - and somehow in Affinity Designer you have the choice - either accept chunky line or missing spots because of using the stabiliser.

Please, please, please - give the users more control on how the vector line are smoothed....

Also... The smooth option works somehow - well - like not working :D Compared to Il... It's not like missing your arm, but maybe a finger - but still....

There's one very annoying thing

Hint-hint to the Dev Team....

Please, please improve the way brushes work, the way how they are smoothed - it is CRUCIAL for illustrators and other drawing artists. At the moment, we need to switch back to il....

Aff Designer is much more user friendly than Il... and working with bezier and nodes is a very positive experience.

If only the brushes worked OK :D

just two things:

1) better curve smoothing control (like in AI or Inkscape)

2) providing a tool that allows to smooth uneven points on a curve (like in the competitive products)

Thank you and good luck!

Edited by Colorado