You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer does not recognize font

Nivrams

I attempted to open up a (Designer) file and the Anna ITC sc font was not recognized. I had to open the file in Publisher to edit the text. Apparently, the Designer function in Publisher worked. But not in Designer.

I will attach the problem file and a PDF which show what it should look like. The correction was made… 2006 replaced "Gala" at the bottom. The numerals were distorted to appear the same size as the letters.

I have only the Publisher file now because of the correction. But Designer still does not see Anna. Opening the Publisher version in Designer is the same as opening the Designer file with Designer was..

The font is Anna ITC sc (small caps)

I invested in Quark Xpress because Publisher is not yet usable as a page layout app. Objects developed in Designer (and Publisher) can be arranged in Xpress. Type handling and color management are still too challenging and erratic in Affinity apps. Most things can be accomplished, but they can pose a challenge.

2020 Gala only logo K+032U.afpub 2020 Gala only logo K+032U.pdf

Hello Nivrams,
Not sure this is going to help you much but since I have that font on my system I tried your afpub file in both Designer and Publisher and both correctly identified the font as Anna ITC SC.

Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 01.50.00 small.png

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

11 hours ago, Nivrams said:

Thank you, markw. This most likely means there is something wrong with my copy of Designer.

May have to reinstall.

I am not sure as to how to go about this.

In general you just have to delete the application then download the installer from where-ever you purchased it from and install.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.