You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print as "chemin de fer"

There are a lot of options in the print panel, and they are fine.

But can we have a new one, that QXP in French call "chemin de fer"? ID try to do the same with the option "vignettes", but it's not as intuitive and the result isn't good.

The principle: print something that look like the content of the Page panel, with covers as single pages and the others a double pages, with the page number  below each one. The only parameters are the paper size, the direction (thumbnails ordered left to right and top to bottom or top to bottom and left to right) and the size of those thumbnails (can be usefull if we need to distinguish enough to move whole articles, for example).

And if @Alfred can help with the right term for this technical one, thank you!

The app would automatically dispose pages and spreads before printing, ± like this:

2020-02-12_232009.png.83867189224d284bc6263faeeab6e1bf.png

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

And if @Alfred can help with the right term for this technical one, thank you!

Thanks for the mention, @Wosven. I’m flattered that you thought I might know the technical term you’re looking for, but I’m afraid I don’t.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Thanks for the mention, @Wosven. I’m flattered that you thought I might know the technical term you’re looking for, but I’m afraid I don’t.

Basically the phrase translates as thumbnails in English. So a thumbnail view of pages/spreads. Many people/companies that do not use a "flat plan" software, use the thumbnail view/print for article/ad planing and/or placement. Still others use it for seeing the pages/spreads as a whole and not print at a full size. I suspect there are other uses as well.