You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.0.2 Grid size

Setting the main grid spacing to anything less than 4px results in a blank page instead of a visible grid, whatever the magnification level.

Subdivisions don't appear at all when the main grid is set to anything less than 16px.

This appears to be a regression from 1.7.3, where smaller grid sizes (I was trying 2px) are possible, with subdivisions visible right down to 1px or possibly even less. It looks as though snapping is still working even at the smaller, invisible, grid sizes.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• Staff

Hi h_d,

Thanks for letting us know! I've reproduced that here and will get it reported to development. It is also worth noting that it only seems to happen if your 'Display' is set to OpenGL inside Preferences > Performance. If you can switch that to Metal then they should work as intended.

Thanks @Sean P I've switched to Metal and I can now see the smaller sizes of grid. I think I was using OpenGL because my graphics card didn't seem to kick in with Metal. That may have been an OS thing - seems to be working fine now, so I'll stick with Metal.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Grids divisions fail to show below 16px and grids fail to show below 4px using OpenGL) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.