You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scrolling speed using Apple Magic Mouse or Trackpad

Hi, I've been using Affinity apps, especially Publisher for some time now. I do love them, however on Mac, which is my primary computer, I'm facing a kind of drawback: it's the scrolling sensitivity, when scrolling over things like font size, various Character and Paragraph settings... It's a very neat feature to be able change the values just by scrolling, especially on places where the arrows are missing.

On a normal mouse, everything works fine, however on Apple Magic Mouse or a trackpad, the sensitivity is way higher than it's supposed to be. Therefore if I want to change the font size or paragraph leading just one step, it's next to impossible... 

My question is: is there a way to set the Magic Mouse/Trackpad sensitivity, so I actually could move the value just by one step and not twenty at a time? 

Thanks for the answer!

• Staff

Hi Fantomas.CZ :)

I can confirm I've replicated the same behaviour here and the Mac OS setting that controls scrolling speed does not seem to affect these input fields.

I'll have this logged with our developers as a bug for further investigation, many thanks for your report!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks for forwarding the issue. Actually there is no setting for this in the system, you can set only tracking speed, which is simply the ratio between distance traveled on the trackpad/with the mouse to the distance on the screen. As far as I know, both trackpad and Magic Mouse read not only the scrolling direction, but also the speed of the finger, which translates to the speed of the cursor. This is great when working with multipage documents and long webpages. It seems that other apps can read the combination of distance and speed and move the document the appropriate amount, however in Affinity Publisher, the scrolling always happens at the top speed. Which is rather impractical and next to unusable, of course... It will be great if you are able to solve it in next releases.