You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to fill several pages easily with text?

Now I am working like this: there is a bunch of text. I am creating a master page with a text field. Then I estimate how much pages I probably need. At the first page in the text field I paste the complete text. After that with the text flow tool I let the text flow in the text field on the second page and so on, and so on till all the pages hold the complete text.

There must be an easier way to do that, but I can't find how...

Don't believe everything you think

Don't add any extra pages, just paste in the text on the first page and shift-click the linking arrow.

This will automatically add as many pages as you need, and link the text for you.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• 2 years later...

Hey friends,

Anybody figure out how to do this in Affinity Publisher 2 AND have it autofill new pages immediately after the page with the current text box? In 1 it worked fine, but now in 2, shift-clicking only adds pages at the end of a document, and I cannot figure out how to change that.

All of the books I lay out come with the credits/promo pages for the end already in them, so as I add chapters, it's now an extra step to create blank pages for it to safely autofill. I will probably use the new chapters feature and compile a final later, but I have moved some docs over from 1 when I switched to 2. Not the end of the world if I can't get it figured out, but would be very nice.

25 minutes ago, natecombsmedia said:

Anybody figure out how to do this in Affinity Publisher 2 AND have it autofill new pages immediately after the page with the current text box? In 1 it worked fine, but now in 2, shift-clicking only adds pages at the end of a document, and I cannot figure out how to change that.

I find that I need a document with double page spreads to have the new text in/on a double page spread before I can get the Shift + Click to fill in new pages immediately after the pages. Otherwise there is weird stuff happening.

This requires the use of Master pages with linked text frames applied to the "new" pages from which I will want the auto-flow to work. Then I get the pages to immediately follow.

In other words if I have a Start on Righthand Page document and I try from a blank page 1 then I get a mess, if I make two blank pages after Page 1 and link them to page 1 then Shift Click from page 3 all is good. I would expect similar problems if I am starting from a Righthand page in the middle of the document.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 3:33 PM, Old Bruce said:

I find that I need a document with double page spreads to have the new text in/on a double page spread before I can get the Shift + Click to fill in new pages immediately after the pages. Otherwise there is weird stuff happening.

This requires the use of Master pages with linked text frames applied to the "new" pages from which I will want the auto-flow to work. Then I get the pages to immediately follow.

In other words if I have a Start on Righthand Page document and I try from a blank page 1 then I get a mess, if I make two blank pages after Page 1 and link them to page 1 then Shift Click from page 3 all is good. I would expect similar problems if I am starting from a Righthand page in the middle of the document.

Interesting. I have tried this very thing...maybe. I have made up to 5 blank pages, and no matter what, it will autofill at the end of document after it hits the last page rather than adding new pages immediately after. However, I don't think I tried with having text boxes linked in all 5. Usually just the first 2-3. Thanks!