You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

count pics?

Hi, is there a place in an afpub to see how much pics are included. A good place would be to mark all pics the ressource organisation frame and to see it then. Thx. lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Doesn't the Resource Manager show that?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

No, I think you're right that there's no automatic count.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Using the "Collect" button in Resource Manager will put all images in the Resource Manager to a folder, which will be a relatively easy way to count them, but you could still have other images in your document that are not counted this way

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi, Carl, thanks, the problem may be there is no collect button in the ressource manager (mac). There are: search, actual. (greyed), change, include. What is marked can´t be copied as usual.

My situation: 200 pics and the *.afpub file are in one folder now, may be a PDF too. Works fine. But not all pics are included in the book. Which one? So a collect button which only copied the included pics was very fine. But... You have an idea where my mistake is? Reg., lars

Sorry I was using the beta, which now has a collect button

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Fine to hear!!! It´s a mac-beta? Why I don´t got it. Where can I get it? I looked around... When will the next ver. come out? Best, lars

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

Using the "Collect" button in Resource Manager will put all images in the Resource Manager to a folder, which will be a relatively easy way to count them, but you could still have other images in your document that are not counted this way

How would there be "other images in your document that are not counted this way"? What kind of images would Collect miss?

-- Walt
PC:

If you place an image on a page then you rasterise  it, it becomes part of the document - it's still an image but those images won't show in Resource Manager

Thanks! It is ok now, but someday may be rastering could help.

There are in the folder of the project more pics than in the book! That is the problem. If this are 20 pics, no problem. But if they are 200 yes. Now, with the beta, if I count the pics in the book, there may be an difference to this one in the folder – and I have to search, which pics I forgot. This is easier by having a new folder with the pics which are to that time are included. In Finder can be moved the two folders, then beside to eachother and sorted... Reg. lars