You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selection by similar characteristics of the objects

Hi all,

I have almost finished a very complex project and now I need to modify the color (gradient) of a huge numbers of objects.

I would like to select all the objects  with the same color and apply a modification. Is it possible in some way?

I used for many years AI, before to felt in love with Designer.

I remember that there was the possibility to make a selection for similar characteristics in AI.

I spent a lot of time in Designer Guide, but I didn't find nothing similar.

Someone ca help me? thanks

gio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi gio80,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately Affinity doesn't currently support 'Select same' functions, my apologies.

This has been covered in the below post -

I hope this helps.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

My apologies but we don't provide estimated dates for such features, as outlined by MEB in the below post -

Our developers are aware that many of our customers are awaiting this feature, but unfortunately other features have taken priority thus far, and we have concluded this is by no means a 'small task' to add this into Designer - hence I cannot provide a more accurate timescale currently.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks but... the very next post in the thread would be my response:

On 7/29/2019 at 8:12 PM, MadCat said:

Does Serif like money? Do they want market share? I would have thought a good way of going about this is to take the top X requested features and implement those if at all possible (or give a good reason why they cannot). So they got a one time payment from me (great), but it's difficult for me to use 1.x or upgrade/purchase 2.x without this feature. Reading through this thread, I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat, but perhaps not.

I think a lot of the frustration comes from the fact that as users, we instinctively know we can click on an object to select it. We can ctrl-click, or shift-click to select multiple objects. We see that objects must have a list of parameters (color, line weight, layer etc.) so surely making a dialogue box that interrogates those attributes and selects based on some parameter must be easy right?

From what I see, this is one of the most requested features - so either it is impossible (or very difficult) to implement, not a priority (top requested feature..?!?) or it's being saved for 2.x to tempt people to upgrade when the time comes. This forum is for giving feedback - my feedback is that without this feature, Designer just doesn't work for a lot of what *I* do and isn't a completely viable alternative to Illustrator at this time. If I'm the niche - so be it, sucks to be me. If Serif are ignoring a huge potential customer base by adding a feature that will grow market share, that's a shame. If it's really hard to implement because of <reasons> then why not just say it? We are not moaning for the sake of moaning - most people (including me!) *really* want an alternative to Adobe right now and actually want Serif to succeed by making this piece of software better. What is the point of this forum otherwise?

Hi All and Serif guys.

I am new in the forum but not so with using affinity apps. When you released version 1.8 today I was hoping the above mentioned feature will be included. Not because I believe (yet) it is one of the most requested features, but because I think its one of the time saving tools necessary when working on small and huge vector graphics. 

Having been working in development before I wonder if your feature implementation list can somehow be more transparent. It would be nice to have an idea on what you are working rather than hoping for a next update and be frustrated, if any wished specific feature is still missing in it. And if there is a public roadmap Id appreciate if you would send a link.

BTW I just bought an annual licence for Illustrator, which shouldn't be necessary if this feature would be available in Designer.

Still love you guys and keep on working (also on this feature )!!!

• 3 weeks later...